- Location:Forsyth, MO
- Personality: Listener
Meet This Helper
- Wayne D.
- Forsyth, MO
- Running Errands, Light Housekeeping, Heavy Housekeeping, Cooking/Preparing Meals, Grooming, Feeding, Toileting, Transportation
- Reading, working in our and our daughter's yard, doing minor repairs, travel, member of the Taney County Health Department board of Directors, member of the Forsyth Library Endowment Committee. I like to think I am a good observer.
- About Me
- I like to think I am a good observer; paying attention to what's going on around me helps me anticipate potential needs. I enjoy helping people. I spent a bit over three years with U.S. Peace Corps. That experience was life-changing for me for a number of reasons. The person I helped for about 15 months with Seniors Helping Seniors and I became good friends. We sort of thought of each other as family.
- Master's degree
- Caregiving Experience
- Home Care Agency Caregiver, Family/Friend Caregiver
- Caregiving Specialties
- Additional Experience
- I retired from University of Missouri Extension. As a Community Development Specialist I covered 16 counties in SW Missouri working with communities, groups, counties in areas such as planning and zoning, community organizing, environmental education and health education. I started an environmental water quality program for elementary students, reaching all Taney county schools. Also started Stay Strong, Stay Healthy, a senior exercise program in Stone and Taney counties. I was the county program director for about the last ten years of my employment. I worked with our board to develop and annual budget and presented it to the the county to defend.
- Years of Caregiving Experience
- 2-5 years