- Location:Austin, TX
- Personality: Listener
Meet This Helper
- Tanunikia K.
- Austin, TX
- Specialty Bee, Bumble Bee, Honey Bee
- I enjoy writing poems, short stories, and reading. I also like dancing, walking and hiking
- About Me
- I have always enjoyed helping anyone who needed assistance as a young person no matter the task. During my time in the Air Force I began to understand I could make a difference in how a person feels when they are sick, stuck in a hospital bed far away from home. Showing them some kindness and dignity lifted their spirits knowing there was someone who cared.
I try to relate with people of all walks of life; listening to them is just as important because now days nobody really has the time or cares to find the time to listen to someone else's problems, pain, or just talk about nothing.
Lastly, I relate to them since I have been there as patient who didn't know for sure if I would ever walk again, or live to see another day, it made me stronger. I could no longer work a job I loved or continue my military service because of my illness. I found I could continue to give care in the home health field. I have been caring for family members, friends, and clients that I worked with for various agencies.
- High School diploma, CPR certified
- Caregiving Experience
- Private-Duty Senior Caregiver, Home Care Agency Caregiver, Home Health/Hospice Aid, Professional Clinician (LVN, RN, PT, PA, etc.), Family/Friend Caregiver, Assisted Living Facility Caregiver, Assisted Living Facility Support Staff, Nursing Facility Caregiver
- Caregiving Specialties
- Alzheimer's, Dementia, Parkinson's, ALS, Stroke, Other
- Additional Experience
- Admintrative assistance, Payroll, Generate Time sheets and Invoices, cooking and meal planning, housekeeping
- Years of Caregiving Experience
- 10 years