- Location:Germantown, NY
- Personality: Listener
Meet This Helper
- Marka K.
- Germantown, NY
- Running Errands, Light Housekeeping, Heavy Housekeeping, Cooking/Preparing Meals, Bathing, Grooming, Feeding, Toileting, Transferring, Transportation, Handyman Services
- I am a sculptor so my interests and hobbies generally involve working with my hands. My main hobby however is foraging for mushrooms and studying mycology. I spend most of my time in nature observing and listening.
- About Me
- I am a student of meditation so I sit down daily to settle my mind, cultivate compassion and wisdom. The merits of this practice, I believe, create the conditions for my own well being and extends to the well being of those around me. Meditation generates kindness, curiosity and understanding and has helped me through loss and hardship.
- None of the Above
- Caregiving Experience
- Private-Duty Senior Caregiver, Family/Friend Caregiver
- Caregiving Specialties
- Alzheimer's, Dementia
- Additional Experience
- My other positions are generally managerial. I have been the studio manager and assistant for artists. The positions involve juggling many topics at once including fabrication, scheduling, and excellent communication. I have also worked as a lab manager which involves thorough cleaning and keen attention to detail.
- Years of Caregiving Experience
- 2-5 years