- Location:Rockdale, TX
- Personality: Listener
Meet This Helper
- Gina L.
- Rockdale, TX
- Running Errands, Light Housekeeping, Heavy Housekeeping, Cooking/Preparing Meals, Bathing, Grooming, Feeding, Toileting, Transferring, Transportation
- I am married and we have 3 grown children and 2 young grandchildren we enjoy very much. I like flower gardening, reading, writing, cooking and spending time with our rescue dog.
- About Me
- I studied Paralegal and enjoy it however, when my own dear Mother was diagnosed with cancer in 2003, given only a month to live, without hesitation, I instantly signed up to become her personal Caregiver. She lived almost 2 more years and during that time, I learned many aspects of the care industry. It was a difficult job at times but I am grateful I was able to spend that time with my Mother and provide the best possible care she so much deserved. When Hospice came in to help me, I learned even more and realized how important good care is to the client and their families. Soon after my mother's passing, an acquaintance of ours was diagnosed with Parkinsons and I was asked by his family to become his personal assistant and head Caregiver. I worked with the client and his family for 5 years until his passing. When caring for others, I feel fulfilled and know I am doing what just comes natural to me. It's very rewarding.
- CPR Certified
- Caregiving Experience
- Private-Duty Senior Caregiver, Home Care Agency Caregiver, Home Health/Hospice Aid, Family/Friend Caregiver, Assisted Living Facility Caregiver, Nursing Facility Caregiver
- Caregiving Specialties
- Alzheimer's, Dementia, Parkinson's, ALS, Stroke, Other
- Additional Experience
- Food service, paralegal, mail delivery, data entry, customer service
- Years of Caregiving Experience
- 10+ years