- Location:Ithaca, NY
- Personality: Listener
Meet This Helper
- Ellen G.
- Ithaca, NY
- Running Errands, Light Housekeeping, Heavy Housekeeping, Cooking/Preparing Meals, Bathing, Grooming, Feeding, Toileting, Transferring, Transportation, Other
- I have many interests that keep me super busy. My main interest is working for peace and justice in this world. I have 4 daughters ranging in age between 17 -34. I have 2 grandchildren, who are my delight and who spur me on to want to work for a future for all children and the future of this beautiful planet we call home. I am an avid gardener. I love to grow vegetables and lots of flowers. I homeschooled my children and in doing so got to school myself as well.
- About Me
- I love people and I love to learn about their lives. I think the elder years can be a very precious time, even when someone is dealing with memory loss. I love to try and figure out what is important to the elder person and try to facilitate that activity as much as they are able. I love to sing and do creative activities.
- High School diploma
- Caregiving Experience
- Private-Duty Senior Caregiver, Home Health/Hospice Aid, Family/Friend Caregiver
- Caregiving Specialties
- Alzheimer's, Dementia, Parkinson's, Stroke, Other
- Additional Experience
- I have worked in food service, concert promotion, community organizing
- Years of Caregiving Experience
- 10+ years