- Location:Staten island, NY
- Personality: Cheerleader
Meet This Helper
- Anita A.
- Staten Island, NY
- Running Errands, Light Housekeeping, Cooking/Preparing Meals, Bathing, Grooming, Feeding, Toileting, Transferring, Transportation
- As a certified dedicated caregiver to elderly residents associated with Visiting Nurse of New York , I am an excellent match to the caregiver opening posted on Indeed .
Since 2012 I have worked as a caregiver for Visiting Nurse Of New York and some other Companies, where I assist residents with dementia and Alzheimer’s disease with daily living needs. I work under the guidance of a PA and RN to help implement and support resident-care plans, which include providing services to aid in memory care, physical care and psycho-emotional care optimizing residents’ quality of life.
Deeply committed to treating my elderly clients with dignity and respect, my goal is to win their trust and alleviate any embarrassment or anxiety they may feel when needing assistance with bathing, toileting, grooming or other personal care.
I also excel at planning creative activities customized to resident needs and physical/mental abilities. Examples include pet visits from a nearby animal shelter, game nights, outdoor concerts, card tournaments, art and yoga classes, spa days and makeover sessions.
- About Me
- I strive to make a meaningful difference in the lives of the residents, the ongoing lessons I have learned from them have in return made a lasting impact in my life.
- CPR Certified, Other
- Caregiving Experience
- Private-Duty Senior Caregiver, Home Care Agency Caregiver, Family/Friend Caregiver, Assisted Living Facility Caregiver, Assisted Living Facility Support Staff, Nursing Facility Caregiver, Nursing Facility Support Staff
- Caregiving Specialties
- Alzheimer's, Dementia, Parkinson's, ALS, Stroke
- Additional Experience
- I like reading, cooking and I also enjoy social activists
- Years of Caregiving Experience
- 6-10 years