Helper User Agreement
USER AGREEMENT (HELPERS)
Last updated 2/28/17
- Non-Employment. THB is a software as a service [SaaS] product designed to help Seniors and their families find, coordinate, and pay for in-home care via an on-line platform. This Agreement shall not render Helper an employee, partner, agent of, or joint venturer with THB for any purpose. Helper shall have no claim against THB hereunder or otherwise for vacation pay, sick leave, retirement benefits, social security, worker’s compensation, health or disability benefits, unemployment insurance benefits, or employee benefits of any kind. Helper understands and agrees that while THB has facilitated introductions to various third party services that Helper and the Senior may utilize for ease of payment to the Helper, of which THB may charge a service fee to the Senior for such introduction and facilitation, neither the service fee nor the facilitation of such third party services creates an employment relationship between THB and Helper or a joint employment relationship among THB, the Senior, and Helper. Senior is responsible for compliance with all applicable laws governing the relationship between Helper and Senior, including all employment laws (as applicable).
- Limitations of THB’s Services. THB does not have control over the quality, schedule, timing, or legality of the services actually delivered by Helper, or of the integrity, responsibility or actions of Seniors or Helper. THB neither refers nor recommends Seniors nor makes any representations about the suitability, reliability, timeliness, and accuracy of the services provided by Helpers or the integrity, responsibility or actions of Seniors or Helpers. THB only provides a SaaS product to facilitate the introduction of Helper to Seniors and tools to facilitate the agreement amongst Seniors and Helper pertaining to payment. Each such agreement amongst Seniors and Helper shall be individually negotiated, and Seniors and Helper are ultimately responsible for the decisions reached with respect to payment. Once terms are agreed, the parties shall notify THB of the third party payment service which the parties wish to utilize for Helper’s provision of services to Senior. THB shall facilitate the processing of such payments, as decided amongst Helper and the Senior, and shall charge Senior a reasonable service fee for the provision of such services.
- Background Checks. Helper acknowledges and agrees that in order to post a profile on THB’s website, utilize THB’s online platform as a registered Helper, and fulfill a senior in-home care job, the Helper must first submit to a criminal background check, including signing all necessary authorizations. THB will comply with applicable local, state and federal law.
- Mutual Agreement to Arbitrate. In the event of any dispute or claim relating to or arising out of this Agreement, the Terms, or the interactions and transactions between THB and Helper, THB and Helper agree that all disputes shall be fully resolved by confidential, binding arbitration conducted by a single neutral arbitrator through the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) pursuant to the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules, which are available online at the AAA’s website at www.adr.org or by requesting a copy from THB. The arbitration shall be located within Travis County, Texas. The arbitrator shall permit adequate discovery and is empowered to award all remedies otherwise available in a court of competent jurisdiction and any judgment rendered by the arbitrator may be entered by any court of competent jurisdiction. The arbitrator shall issue an award in writing and state the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, by signing this Agreement, THB and Helper both waive the right to have any disputes or claims tried before a judge or jury. The mutual promise by THB and Helper to arbitrate any and all disputes between them, rather than litigate them before the courts or other bodies, provides the consideration for this agreement to arbitrate. The parties agree that THB is engaged in transactions involving interstate commerce and that except as provided elsewhere in this Section, the Federal Arbitration Act shall govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings pursuant to this arbitration agreement located within this Section. Notwithstanding the foregoing, this arbitration agreement does not prevent either party from seeking temporary or preliminary injunctive relief, as permitted by applicable state and federal law. THB AND HELPER AGREE THAT THEY EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both THB and Helper agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. If this specific provision is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the State of Texas, without giving effect to any choice of laws principles.
- Miscellaneous. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed as making either party the partner, joint venturer, agent, legal representative, employer, contractor or employee of the other. Neither party shall have, or hold itself out to any third party as having any authority to make any statements, representations or commitments of any kind, or to take any action, that shall be binding on the other, except as provided for herein or authorized in writing by the party to be bound. The invalidity, illegality or unenforceability of any term or provision of this Agreement shall in no way effect the validity, legality or enforceability of any other term or provision of this Agreement. In the event a term or provision is determined to be invalid or unenforceable, the parties agree to replace such term or provision with a term or provision that is valid and enforceable and that comes closest to expressing the intention of the invalid or unenforceable term or provision, and this Agreement shall be enforceable as so modified. This Agreement will be binding on and will inure to the benefit of the legal representatives, successors and assigns of the parties hereto. The parties agree that facsimile, electronic, and scanned (.pdf) signatures shall be as effective as if originals.
- Incidental Damages and Aggregate Liability. In no event will THB be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, losses or expenses arising out of or relating to this Agreement, even if THB or representatives thereof are advised of the possibility of such damages, losses or expenses. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL THB’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY, IN ANY FORM OF ACTION WHATSOEVER IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT EXCEED THE SERVICE FEES RECEIVED BY THB FROM THE SENIOR(S) THAT UTILIZED HELPER’S SERVICES AS DESCRIBED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement, and the Terms which are expressly incorporated herein by reference, constitute the entire understanding and agreement of the parties, and any and all prior agreements, understandings, and representations are hereby terminated and canceled in their entirety and are of no further force and effect.